Skip to main content

My Christian Identity in DreamingInTheMoonlight e-Life Book FB Page

Featured

A Lesson Taught by a Pot of Uncooked Rice

A Lesson Taught by a Pot of Uncooked Rice Image by https://pixabay.com/ 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; Proverbs 3:5 (NKJV)           This afternoon, as my mom goes out to a nearby market place to pick up the goods that she bought, she still left me one single command, “as the rice hits the boiling point, turn off the stove. Just wait for me by then and it’s now my call.”           Being concern as I am, in my mind, I will just let the pot of rice to boiled then I will just lessen the heat so that it will be cooked just right, because that’s how I learned it and I know I am right. So I thought.           As my mom approaches home, she asked me if I turn off the stove. I said that I just lessen the heat by the time it boils. Then she explains to me that if I did it that way, the rice will be overcooked because of too much water in it that is yet to be evaporated by the heat. I need to turn off first the stove and let t

Secrets of A Man's Heart Day 5: A Stubborn Heart




Secrets of A Man's Heart Day 5: A Stubborn Heart

Is there a time in your Christian life when you are still not satisfied?  When you still feel unforgiven by God?  Or you already feel tired on serving the Lord?  Or you feel impatient waiting for God's promises and is tempted to commit reckless decision in life?  Well,  to be honest,  I  do feel the same way almost everyday.  During those times  I tend  to free myself from God's grasp and even unhappy doing God's services.  I even find everything pointless and in vain. 
It is  a complete opposite of how a child of God should do things.  Instead of clinging to Him,  when I feel down,  I always want to hide and wallow in my own emptiness and Misery.  I even want to do things my own way. 
But everytime I tend to give up,  God will show me an unexpected goodness and revert me back to the right way that as if He is telling me,  daughter  slow down, breath and enjoy the learning. 
I even remember praying to Him: " Lord,  I am now tired dreaming.  Maybe its now time for you to dream for me. " That is a total surrender prayer,  because after a long while,  I realized how weakling I am without God.  I my own wisdom,  I cannot accomplished anything. It is only through God, for My life and yours are all in the hands of God.

THE HARD TRUTH
In our church,  we are currently tackling about the Threats to Salvation. One of  the most striking topic is this  , "Unwilling to do God's Service" or to be part of the Great Commission.  As almost everyone is opening up their lives God made me saw something : I am not the only one that is in a battle everyday.  I am not the only one who endures. I am not the only one that  thinking  I am alone. I am not the only one who fear and is lonely.  I am not  the only one who lacks faith and who lacks prayer.  I am not the only one who struggle financially. The thing is,  we are all facing the same dilemma everyday : to choose God or to choose the world-a constant battle between flesh  and Spirit.  There is no exemption. Not even a church leader,  elder or Pastor.
A MOMENT OF REALIZATION
I spent most of my days comparing myself to people.  And everytime I fall short to someone,  I thought, I couldnt love God enough,  couldnt exert the same amount of effort,  couldnt give the same amount of time. Thinking that way,  I tend to become indecisive,  slack myself off and wallow, and  thinking  that God may not forgive me,  I tend to not pray or read the Bible anymore,  hurting myself all the more.  But now I know I am wrong. My stubborn heart is  a must to be taken captive of by my faith, because the Truth is I am still on the process  and training myself to something that I am not used to is something that needs full discipline,  Endurance, patience and love in  order to work it out on.

A Learning in King Saul's Life

10:9 As Saul turned to leave Samuel, God changed Saul's heart, and all these signs were fulfilled that day.

10:26 Saul also went to his home in Gibeah, accompanied by valiant men whose hearts God had touched. ~1 Samuel 10:9,26

After Saul believed to what God has to say through Samuel,  that he will become king to whole Israel , the Spirit of God came to him and touches his heart that empowers him to accomplished God's will to his life,  thus  all the signs has been fulfilled .

After the valiant men believed God through Samuel,  that Saul will be their king,  the Spirit of God  touches their hearts to followed Saul all the way.

When God first came to Saul's life . . .
His heart and mind changed immediately and he is no longer the same.  . .
God changed him completely from the inside out

. . .
However ,
One single mistake , followed by another and another caught him on his own snare of rebellion,  resulting for him to lose God's favor

~
15:22 But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
15:23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king."
1 Samuel 15:22-23

What  are Saul's mistakes ?
1. His impatience urged him to offer unauthorized sacrifice to the Lord and bypassing the priest Samuel's authority
2. HIs constant success in the battle  adds up to his pride and encourage him to build a statue of his own for people to see his glory
3. His greed made him to covet riches of that of the enemy and spare the Amalekites king Agag which  enlarge God's anger for him all the more .

Saul's arrogance leads to a tragic ending of a seemingly eternal covenant with God  and living in His presence forever .

A Learning for the New Covenant Church

It is our faith in God that enables the Spirit of God to moved and changed our hearts to will  and to do , in order for us to accomplished things God sets on us - from impossible to possible. When we first come to know God,  our changed of heart is immediate , from  the bondage of decay to pursuit of glorious freedom in Christ . It just takes one single decision to believe God,  and the spirit of God enables us to obey God.

However,  our salvation is not permanent as long as we are still living in the presence of sin that's why the word of God through Apostle Paul is  very clear
2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
2:14 Do everything without complaining or arguing,
2:15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe
(Philippians 2:12-15)

Saul's humble beginning lead him to caught the attention and favor of God,  but his rise up to power,  fame  and valor lead him to build up his pride and rebelled against God.
Same thing to us,  when we first come to know Jesus Christ , that is the first time we admit to ourselves that  we are nothing without Him . To realize that you have  someone you can't live without is to admit that you love Him.  To someone who recognize that love the first time , it is definitely your first love . The sad thing is like love that subsides because of overconfidence  on the other's faithfulness , we also neglect God . As we capitalized  grace , we unknowingly commit arrogance before God,  🤔 thinking that if we sin,  we will be forgiven so long as we say sorry and make  a so-called confession , but doing so,  we are crucifying the Lord Jesus Christ again and again,  instead of taking up our own Cross and crucifying our own flesh everyday .

But this must be not so my friend.
The Bible is clear , live by the Spirit and you will not gratify the lust of flesh .
The  Spirit and flesh is in enmity with each other .
What is in the flesh?  Sin.
A life  of sin can never and will never be pleasing to God.
The Spirit of rebellion is actually a grave sin against God.  Disobedience is also a type of rebellion.  Saul's disobedience to God leads to the Spirit of God to leave Him.  Without the Spirit of God , a heart that is once touched by God is now a callous heart. Without the Spirit of God,  there is no breathe of life.

Jesus ultimate purpose in coming here on earth is to liberate us from sin  (Matthew 1:21) and to serves as the  high priest that will mediate between us and God  (Hebrews 6), so our ultimate goal is to become like Him (Romans 8:29)

APPLICATION:
It is impossible for us to follow Jesus and be molded in His life if we don't know Him.  Likewise it is impossible to crucify the flesh if we have no idea how Jesus overcame the flesh during His lifetime.

So how to be like Jesus and how to crucify the flesh?

Samuel say to Saul, that sacrifices and burnt offerings were nothing compared to obeying the voice of the Lord . In the new covenant church or Pentecostal church,  it is impossible for us to hear God's Word  unless we read  the Bible.  Romans 1:16-17 says
1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

It is the very Word of God that reveals to us the righteousness of God.  In fact,  2000 years ago,  the word of God,  didn't stay as word but He come to life when it says the word became flesh (John 1:14) to show us the way to the Father,  after He died ,  was rose again,  and ascend back to the right hand of the Father,  He  leave His Spirit to us to help us understand all the things that He taught to all His disciples and followers - His very words.

Read the scriptures and pray for the Spirit of God to empower us everyday . Let not everyday battle nullify our relationship as sons and daughters of God.  Let us work out our own salvation with fear and trembling

Do not  be anxious , but in everything , through prayer and supplication , with Thanksgiving,  let your request be known to God,  and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard you heart and mind in Christ Jesus ~Philippians 4:6-7

I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU?
1.       Is there a moment in your life that you feel tired on serving the Lord or you feel like being inadequate and unqualified to serve the Lord?
2.       What is your attitude during those moments? Do you tried to seek God and people? Or shut God and people out into your life?
3.       In Philippians 4:6-7, Paul clearly states to the Philippians Church that “Do not  be anxious , but in everything , through prayer and supplication , with Thanksgiving,  let your request be known to God,  and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard you heart and mind in Christ Jesus.” How do you think this advice of Apostle Paul will apply into your life?


 







~

Secrets of A Man's Heart
(In a Quest of Finding For A Meaning Lies A True Story of Compassion, Trust and Love)
This is a repost of my blog months ago, and an excerpt from a seven day devotional that I recently finished. The book is entitled “Girls Figures- 7 Day Devotionals for emotionally Burdened Women.”






~




A Christian's Stand Against The Wrong Pride
(A 
Sad Fact About Christianity and a Nation that Claims to be Christian)











“This is how we know what true love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. (1 John 3:16)
Laying our lives means sharing the very life of Christ. It is not only about preaching the word or quoting the scriptures, but becoming the living Word ourselves- the word who became flesh (John 1:14) like Jesus did. We could do that by doing little things into people surrounding our circle or getting involve for a higher cause. What are you willing to do to love God and other people?
Sponsoring a child could be one thing. Catch Compassion In Jesus’ Name Child Sponsorship at compassion.com/christianidentity

Join us and make a Compassionate Step for others today!





Comments

My Christian Identity & DreamingInTheMoonlight Literary Society e-Life Book Presents . . .

My Christian Identity & DreamingInTheMoonlight Literary Society e-Life Book Presents . . .
'The Shelves' & 'Christian Identity TV'

Showcasing your Christian Identity


School of Christ International - Philippines Journey

School of Christ International - Philippines Journey
(From left to right ) Back: Ate Glenda Hitalia,Ptra. Liwliwa Mendejar, Ate Sheryl Talavera, Ate Jane Sara; Front:Ptra. Jocelyn Sayco, Me, Ate Mariael Cartajena, Ate Christy and Ate Malou in a Church Service held at Church of God pioneering church in Malubibit Sur, Sitio Tabangao, Flora Apayao.

Group 1 SCI Batch 99th- “More Than Conqueror in Christ” with SCI Staffs Ptr. Roland Tabilangon and Ptra. Rose and Ptr. Fred Constantino

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL MINISTRY

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL MINISTRY
“This is how we know what true love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. (1 John 3:16) Laying our lives means sharing the very life of Christ. It is not only about preaching the word or quoting the scriptures, but becoming the living Word ourselves- the word who became flesh (John 1:14) like Jesus did. We could do that by doing little things into people surrounding our circle or getting involve for a higher cause. What are you willing to do to love God and other people? Sponsoring a child could be one thing. Join us and make a Compassionate Step for others today! Catch Compassion Sponsorship at : compassion.com/christianidentity

Most Popular Post From My Christian Identity

Followers of My Christian Identity