Skip to main content

My Christian Identity in DreamingInTheMoonlight e-Life Book FB Page

Featured

A Lesson Taught by a Pot of Uncooked Rice

A Lesson Taught by a Pot of Uncooked Rice Image by https://pixabay.com/ 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; Proverbs 3:5 (NKJV)           This afternoon, as my mom goes out to a nearby market place to pick up the goods that she bought, she still left me one single command, “as the rice hits the boiling point, turn off the stove. Just wait for me by then and it’s now my call.”           Being concern as I am, in my mind, I will just let the pot of rice to boiled then I will just lessen the heat so that it will be cooked just right, because that’s how I learned it and I know I am right. So I thought.           As my mom approaches home, she asked me if I turn off the stove. I said that I just lessen the heat by the time it boils. Then she explains to me that if I did it that way, the rice will be overcooked because of too much water in it that is yet to be evaporated by the heat. I need to turn off first the stove and let t

Day 3 - Learning From These People

 

Day 3

Learning From These People


(https://pixabay.com/)

 

As I read the Book of Genesis, I stumble among these people who showed full dedication and devotion to God.

1.     Abraham’s Servant

On making a very crucial decision on finding a wife for his master, he ask for the Lord’s guidance and help (Genesis 24:15)

As a result, the Lord answered his prayer even before he finish praying. (Genesis 24:15).

A fully dedicated Christians do not depend on his own wisdom and strength, but always ask for the Lord’s guidance very step of the way. (See Proverbs 3:5-8)

2.     Isaac

In the time of mourning for his mother’s death, Isaac went out to spend time with God and meditate. Because of that, God comforted him through sending Rebekah, his wife (Genesis 24:62-67).

If we are fully dedicated to God, every time that we are mourning, uncomfortable or in distress, we do not find comfort on wrong places, but instead we seek for God’s comfort all the more and cling more to Him and His promises.

3.     Jacob

As a second son, Jacob is not as privileged as his older brother Esau, but he is persistent to get the attention of God, even in his most cunning ways.

(a)     For once, he knows that Esau does not value his birthright, so Jacob cheated him on exchanging it with a temporary bowl of soup. If Esau values his birthright, no matter how hungry he is, he will never exchange it on a temporary comfort of food. In simple sense, a true Christian values his or her identity and he/she will never exchange it for a temporary comfort or happiness. Jacob values it more than Esau even though he do not have the right yet. Even though he is not entitled, he will take every opportunity presented to him to have that privilege (Genesis 25:29-34). In the new covenant faith, we are also not as privilege as the Jewish people were and still are. However, God opens the door to salvation to us, through His Son  Jesus Christ and John 1:12 says to those who believe, and to those who receives, He gave them the right to became children of God. So we have to start from there in order to get the attention of God like Jacob.

(b)     Jacob wrestles with the angel to get the attention of God and prevail. As a result of this persistence: (1) God protects him from Laban’s scheme against him, by providing him wisdom and a way out of trouble (Genesis 31:9-13). This is same with what is being said in Psalms 23:4-6

 

4 Even though I walk

    through the darkest valley,[a]

I will fear no evil,

    for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,

    they comfort me.

 

5 You prepare a table before me

    in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil;

    my cup overflows.

6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me

    all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the Lord

    forever. ;

 

and

 

(2) God gave Jacob a new name (Genesis 32:28)

 

Same way, if we are persistent enough to call on the attention of God by seeking Him through prayer, meditation and digging on deeper on His words, God’s protection will also be upon us, and God will also give us the right to become His child, and a perfect opportunity to learn  and grow in faith; and eventually, enter His kingdom.





Comments

My Christian Identity & DreamingInTheMoonlight Literary Society e-Life Book Presents . . .

My Christian Identity & DreamingInTheMoonlight Literary Society e-Life Book Presents . . .
'The Shelves' & 'Christian Identity TV'

Showcasing your Christian Identity


School of Christ International - Philippines Journey

School of Christ International - Philippines Journey
(From left to right ) Back: Ate Glenda Hitalia,Ptra. Liwliwa Mendejar, Ate Sheryl Talavera, Ate Jane Sara; Front:Ptra. Jocelyn Sayco, Me, Ate Mariael Cartajena, Ate Christy and Ate Malou in a Church Service held at Church of God pioneering church in Malubibit Sur, Sitio Tabangao, Flora Apayao.

Group 1 SCI Batch 99th- “More Than Conqueror in Christ” with SCI Staffs Ptr. Roland Tabilangon and Ptra. Rose and Ptr. Fred Constantino

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL MINISTRY

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL MINISTRY
“This is how we know what true love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. (1 John 3:16) Laying our lives means sharing the very life of Christ. It is not only about preaching the word or quoting the scriptures, but becoming the living Word ourselves- the word who became flesh (John 1:14) like Jesus did. We could do that by doing little things into people surrounding our circle or getting involve for a higher cause. What are you willing to do to love God and other people? Sponsoring a child could be one thing. Join us and make a Compassionate Step for others today! Catch Compassion Sponsorship at : compassion.com/christianidentity

Most Popular Post From My Christian Identity

Followers of My Christian Identity